Sunday, June 26

Denim-Polka Hexagon basket /ˈheksəɡən ˈbɑːskɪt/

/ðə ˈplætɪnəm blɒnd ˈsekrətri wəz ˈweərɪŋ taɪt ˈneɪvi bluː ˈtraʊzəz/
/wɒk ˈkʌlə wʊdʒu ˈlaɪk miː tə peɪnt ðə ˈbɑːθruːm wɔːl ˈdɑːlɪŋ/
This is what I've been doing, studying for exams, most of these days I've spent my time in phonetics adjustments and stress patterns and in grammar and adverbial clauses and catenatives... they look so simple but yet I didn't know that the verb  recollect is followed by a gerund and didn't even realised that react is followed by to. Anyways, there are 3 more exams to go but I think the worst has passed.

I finally had time to finish this hexagon basket I was longing for, I saw a great-crystal clear tutorial and pattern at CraftPassion a while ago and I knew I HAD to make it.
I started it by cutting the hexagon in cardboard before I started my exams... and on Friday night I was finally able to finish it in no time.
I chose blue and green again, I had some denim in my stash and in my mind I pictured it would look great with some apple green polka dot fabric, found it, bought it, the dots didn't pop out as I hoped for though but I still like how it looks. I have some coasters in mind, I have all the materials but they will have to wait a little bit (or not).

The pics are a bit dark since it's winter and... I took them at night.
In the photos there are the "2 sided" placemats I made last year, never took pics of them since I didn't like my old table and I was waiting the new table... and also I wanted it decorated... well, I'm a perfectionist *sigh, I want things to really pop and pics to do justice (as much as possible).
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...